The idea behind the tour is to give an understanding of life in the Indian villages.Spend the day with Reality Tours learning about life in a local village just out of Mumbai, enjoy a home cooked lunch with the locals and celebrate this colourful holiday safely and authentically with the community.
Travelling by ferry, local bus and tamtam (a large rickshaw), we’ll explore the countryside to the south of Mumbai. In the village we will walk around, learn about the local activities and your guide will explain the villages history, religion, the challenges they face and how they fit into Indian society today. Throughout the tour, you will be able to talk with locals through our guide.
- MEETING POINT: Boat ticket offices in front of the Gateway of India, Colaba.
- END POINT: Boat ticket offices in front of the Gateway of India, Colaba.
- ATTIRE: Please wear modest clothing (for women: no sleeveless shirts, short shorts, or low tops) and closed-toed shoes. We recommend you buy a cheap white outfit for the day. You won’t ruin any clothes and you will look much more colourful!
- Lunch, snacks and mineral water.
- FACILITIES: A clean squat toilet in the village.
- Photos are not allowed in the Adivasi (tribal) village.