The idea behind the tour is to give an understanding of life in the Indian villages. We visit two separate communities (typical rural village and a tribal village) and you see the way in which they live. The tour guide will explain to you their beliefs, their customs including the role of women, their superstitions, their religion and the problems that they face, and you will be able to ask questions through him.
- MEETING POINT: Boat ticket offices in front of the Gateway of India, Colaba.
- END POINT: Boat ticket offices in front of the Gateway of India, Colaba.
- ATTIRE: Please wear modest clothing (for women: no sleeveless shirts, short shorts, or low tops) and closed-toed shoes.
- Lunch, snacks and mineral water.
- FACILITIES: A clean squat toilet in the village.
- Photos are not allowed in the Adivasi (tribal) village.